What would we do without Daddy?


Although there are many things I love about my husband, one of the things that has always impressed me is his ablity to do so many things and do them all so well. He is like one of those little knives, swiss army knives, I think they are called. They look like a regular little knife on the outside, but you flip them open and you can clip your finger nails, get your keys out of a locked car, and peel an apple, all with the same little contraption. And so it is with my husband. He is a supervisor, a pastor, a friend, a teacher, a counselor, a husband, a Dad, and much, much more.

One of my favorites sights is to watch my husband play with our children. It doesn't matter how tired he is, he has a wonderful ability to give our children his love and attention. He can take small and simple moments and turn them into to moments that I know our children will treasure.

What a beautiful picture of how God treats his children! It is reassuring to know that God has a place of us in His plan. He is always readily availble to us, even in the moments we aren't seeking Him.

Jerimiah 29: 11 says "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

There is no better feeling than to know that as a child of God, our heavenly "Daddy" always has time for us!!!

Comments

  1. I just came across your blog today by way of Circle of Moms. I voted for ya! What a precious family you have! I guess I feel a kindred spirit...I am a pastor's wife as well with 5 kiddos. Mine are 6,5,4,2,and 1 in ages. I liked you post about the shower cap. Excellent thoughts on God's protection....an encouragement to me. Praying you have a wonderful rest of the week in your ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, thank you so much for your sweet comment. It really encouraged me, as I have prayed that God would use this blog for His purpose and pleasure. It is nice to know that there is another mom and pastor's wife out there. There is no doubt that we share some of the same joys and struggles in our day to day life. Your family sounds precious and I can't wait to learn more! Thanks again. Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure why my comments are posting as Anonymous... I will have to figure that out later :) Valarie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts