Beginning of School 2020

Our first day of school is behind us, and it was just as wild and crazy as I anticipated. On our first day we didn’t follow my elaborate schedule, we completely missed our Latin block, and we never made it to Geography. I didn’t even have the history and bible curriculum on the agenda for the first day, because I knew we weren’t ready for that. Yet, we still couldn't complete all of our tasks. So you may be wondering what it is we DID do! We worshiped, looked at our bible memory verses for August, did spelling, math, reading, and a first day of a school craft. The big boys were disappointed that I didn't plan to let them make a hat. I thought they'd be too big for that! They decided to design their own (not pictured- HA!). Note to self: Even "big kids" like fun crafts!


Left to right: 4th Grade, 2nd Grade, 6th Grade, and Kindergarten


Hats for the win!



Somebody come help with all of this laundry in the background!


We are loving having big sister with us, and I'm already dreading her going back to school.



On top of our seat work, everyone played puzzles, play dough, and we even did some swimming while a friend was over for a play date. First days are fun, but they can also be hard!

Our second day was much smoother. I scaled back my expectations, and we were able to find a better flow. This week will continue to be a learning week for our routine and schedule.

One lesson that homeschooling is teaching me -already- is that it’s ok to give up on perfection. There is an ebb and flow to life that should also exist in education. I don’t want to miss my children growing and learning because I failed to slow down and savor the unplanned imperfect moments.

Comments

  1. Hello sister Valarie. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a woman of God and about your interest in helping your husband in church planting. I am so delighted to know about what your husband is doing. There is a joy in planting church. Our church is a mother church for foutreen churches in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your famil and friends circle to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon, God's richest blessings on you your family and friends. Also wishing you and your family a blessed, joyous and a Christ centered Christmas. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts