They say the Calm Comes before the storm.... maybe the Chaos comes before the calm

I will be the first to admit that I am a total type A personality. I insist that everything be organized, all events (even the smallest) be planned thoroughly and WELL in advance, and that there is always an active to do list with all the things that need attention. With that being said, you can see how preparing for a family vacation with three little ones, a husband, AND my Mom could throw me over the edge!!!!! There are only a few short hours between me and vacation and I have finally managed to get everyone in the bed, everything packed, and this house clean and in order before I have to leave, but not without a large amount of self-induced stress and a nasty attitude.

In the midst of my mess, I know that the Lord wants to cast all my cares and worries on Him because no one loves me more (I Peter 5:7). I also know that His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30). My prayer is that I will live and react as if I really believe these verses are true. After all, there is nothing more freeing than falling in the arms of my God and resting there. And what does God have to say about my bad attitude, well , I have to recall those "fruits of the Spirit" we all learned in Bible school: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, long suffering, and self-control.....Ouch.... looks like I've got quite a bit of growing to do!!!!


*** I posted some pictures from this week :)

Comments

Popular Posts