The Fearsome Four:The Exciting Adventures of Batman and Robin with Their Sidekicks Princess Girl and Super Baby!!!

It is no secret that Matthew is the "fun" parent. Of course, the kids and I spend our days doing things that I think are quite fun, but for some reason it can never seem to compare the excitement of playing with Daddy. One of the kids favorite things to do is play dress-up. This is especially fun with Daddy, since he joins right in and dresses up too. When they are all suited up and ready to go, Matthew will throw one of them on his back while he holds the other parallel to the floor and they are ready to fly. The kids really believe that their Daddy is invincible and that they are too when they are in his grasp. II Corinthians 12:9-10 says, " And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness,' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distress, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I love this passage because it is a sobering reminder of our weakness, but a beautiful reminder that our Heavenly Father is strong enough to carry us. If only I could rest in the arms of God as confidently as my babies rest in the arms of their Daddy, believing that he is strong enough to carry them anywhere they could ever need to go. They know that they are weak on their own, but they are content to be carried in the arms of the strongest person in their lives. How much stronger is our God, and yet we still try to walk through our day to day in our own strength, when we could so easily be carried by our Father. "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26) I want my children to see me trust in the strength and power of God so that they will trust it too! God loves us and provides for us.... I pray we live like it today!

Comments

Popular Posts