Unexpected blessings

I am sitting in a beach chair enjoying the last night of our annual family vacation and doing some intense reflecting.... Which is not what one should do while they are suppose to be enjoying some fun in the sun, BUT here I am. It always amazes me what God uses to draw my attention back to him. He has been teaching me so much in the last four months. Today he is teaching me to give him praise for the little things. When we booked this vacation in January, I was naive enough to believe my year would move forward in the same carefree way the previous year had. After Matthew's accident, we thought about canceling this trip, but decided that the kids would need it more than ever and that we would go, even though we knew he would be in a wheelchair and would be very limited. I am thankful that God has shown His power by healing Matthew and allowing him to walk months before doctors said he would. I am thankful that he can slide with our kids, play with our kids, and that he has been determined to continue working and providing even when it was hard. I am thankful that God has taught me to be content with what I have and in all circumstances, but has constantly reminded me that he is Jehovah Jireh and there is NO need he cannot meet. I am thankful that we got to spend this vacation with my grandparents, who have been a constant, steady reflection of Christ in my life and that my children love them just as much as I do. I am thankful for friends who laugh with me, encourage me, and pray for me.

Most of all I am thankful that God can take all the bad and work it for my good and for YOURS! Oh how He loves us!!!

Comments

Popular Posts