A Post for My Valentine




     There is so much about you that I love and I am under no illusion that I could put onto a page what I feel in my heart for you. It goes without saying that as you are reading this, you are shocked that I would participate in such an outlandish “public display of affection,” when such things are so out of character for me. But it’s Valentine’s Day ( and you have bathed the kids and cleaned the kitchen, so it is the least I could do J)  So why do I love you? Let me count the ways! 

     First of all, I love that I have a husband, a best friend, and a pastor all rolled into one. This doesn’t happen every day, and quite honestly, I am not sure many women could handle it. It is quite exhausting if I must say so myself (ha!). Exhausting but rewarding!  I love that you are hopelessly romantic and daily say something unbelievably cheesy, but yet somehow manage to keep a completely serious face. Even though I laugh in your face, I love that it hasn’t stopped you…well, not yet anyway. I love that you compliment me even when I look terrible, and in spite of the fact that you know it will embarrass me terribly, and insist on opening my car door even when we are in our own drive way. Even though I take this for granted daily, I know there aren’t many men like you left in the world and I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to let me love you for life.  I love that all of my dreams are a reality today because of you (I am a wife, a mom, a millionaire…OK so we are still working on that last one, but it would be totally unfair if we had it all!).

     I love your relationship with God. You love the Lord with a passion that I admire and strive for and have the kind of faith that most Christians spend a life time trying to obtain. I know it is not by coincidence that you thrive in all the areas that I struggle. It becomes clearer to me with each passing day that when God made you he really was thinking about me. You are the kind of father that most children can only fathom in their dreams. I could never put into words the redemptive power I feel when I see you parenting our kids and it satisfies my heart to know that they have what I didn’t even believe was possible. 

     I am still amazed that God brought us together out of unlikely circumstances and fused us together with a love that is still as powerful today as it was the day we said our vows. I love you… for so many reasons… and I will for all my days. Happy Valentine's Day Matthew Morgan!



Comments

  1. this makes me happy...love you both, susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, you are so sweet to me! You are becoming one of my closest friends and I thank God for you!

      Delete
  2. You two have "grown up " to be just who I thought you would be. Love you all and am so proud of who you are and what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Carolyn Ann, We love you!! You mean so much to us!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts