Post Election Hope

I have to admit that last night after receiving the election results I went to bed with a heavy heart. I am not sure what I expected the outcome to be, but I know that our country is not following God and that is no place to be. But God did not leave me in that depressed state, nope, because I was awake at 2 am with God's word on my mind. Isn't it funny how God speaks when we are quiet and still before Him. I wish I would learn to do that more during the daylight hours so that He wouldn't have need to wake me in the middle of the night... but you know, whatever it takes, right?  Anyway, I know I need to share these verses with you today.
If you have never read the book of Lamentations in the Old Testament, written by the prophet Jeremiah, it would be worth your time to do so. God's word is always worth our time.... the busier we are, the more we need it! But I regress... Lamentations is a pretty depressing book as the prophet is recounting the fall of Jerusalem and how all of it could have happened. The temple was gone and there was almost nothing left. But he knew the people had sinned and that God was a righteous judge and that was the end of the story. OH NO PEOPLE... that is NOT the end of the story! Praise God for end of Chapter 3! I will start here
19  I Remember my affliction and my [e]wandering, the wormwood and bitterness.
20 Surely my soul remembers
And is bowed down within me.
21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
22 The Lord’s lovingkindnesses [f]indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”

Jeremiah realized and we must too, that God loves us and His compassion for us is endless. He is faithful when we are not. I know when you opened this blog that you had no intention of coming to Bible study so I am about to wrap this up. I just want to end with this... In verse 40-41 Jeremiah says, "Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord. Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven...." We need to know today that we are not without hope, but we do need to examine ourselves against God's standard. We need to make his priorities ours. He needs to be our motivation. We are God's children (as for me and my house... and I pray yours as well) and God has not left us, nor will he ever leave us. So put some pep in your step and praise Him today. He is GOOD!

Comments

Popular Posts