Faith

In the past year,and especially in the last few months, I have seen the hand of God moving in such new and encouraging ways in our lives that I have been completely overwhelmed. One of my constant prayers is that God would guide our steps and that we wouldn't move without His clear direction. He has been answering this prayer, but I have not been faithful to follow His lead. One of the things that I struggle with in life is change... I don't like it. I don't like my schedule to change, my plans to change, I don't even like to change diapers...but I digress.

Why is it that God can be working things together for the good of His kingdom, and for the good of me and my family, and yet all I can focus on is my discomfort with the possible of a change that I can't see the full implications of? I asked God this very question and He graciously spoke to my heart through His Word, through friends He has placed in my life that I love and trust, and through a husband who is wise beyond his years and constantly balances me.

I have a faith problem. I repeat- I have a faith problem. Is there a group for that? Something like AA, but for people who are too stubborn to trust their maker? Maybe a hotline I can call? But seriously, it made no sense to me at first. And then I realized that I am so very weak on my own. And the enemy is a really good illusionist. What I mean is that he is good at convincing us that we are in control when we are not, and he goes even farther to convince us that we are doing a good job on our own. This is a LIE! But its a lie I cannot overcome on my own. Does that mean I am hopelessly fated to be a faithless women for the rest of my earthly life? Certainly not.

The Key is the Spirit! The Holy Spirit. Go with me to Romans 8. By the way, what would we do without the book of Romans?? I love the book of Romans!!

14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons[a] of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.


26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because[a] the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

The Spirit does so much for us. It is our power source. It keeps us from falling back into the bondage of fear and becoming anxious in our walk with God. Without the Spirit, it would be impossible for us to remain consistent in our relationship with God. One day we would be on fire, the next we would be forgetting all God did for us. We would be angry and frustrated every time we couldn't see His plan clearly. It makes me think about the Israelites and their fickle nature. It makes me think of myself and my uncertainty. 

If I am faithful to lean on the power of the Spirit, so many areas of my life will change. Things that are against my nature, I will begin to do with ease. When I don't know how to pray, the Spirit will intercede for me. He knows every part of me and He knows God's will for me. In my desperation, I want to trust my God more. I want to trust him without borders. I want to allow him to take me into places I would never go on my own. 






Comments

Popular Posts