A Little Year-End Encouragement!

So here we are at the end of another year, and once again I am in awe of God's goodness and His mighty hand on our lives. For us, it has been a good year, full of healthy children, fun family times, and sweet fellowship with our Lord. But as I pondered what I wanted to say in this blog, the Lord impressed upon me that not all of you who read this will be able to say the same as you look back over your 2013. Some of you have lost people you never could have imagined living without, you have had unimaginable struggles in your life both privately and publicly, and some of you are entering into this new year feeling hopeless and scared. I want to encourage you today and tell you that you do not have to carry your burdens alone. God did not create you and me to be strong enough to battle the hard times we will all inevitably face in this life.Instead, He created us with a need to lean fully on Him.  

I love the soothing words of Jesus in Matthew 11: 29-30. He says,  "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Doesn't that rest sound so inviting if you have had a weary, long year?

In this fallen world, we are sure to experience plenty of heartbreak on our journeys. We are going to walk through some difficult times and we are going to have difficult battles along the way. The good news is that Jesus has the power to give us the victory in each and every battle we will ever face. I am so thankful for a God who goes before us and knows our steps. We don't have to live in uncertainty,but can rest in peace and freedom, trusting the heart and the plan of our sovereign Lord! My prayer for us in 2014 is that we will be faithful to depend on Him daily, no matter our circumstances, so that we will naturally lean on Him in our difficult times. Let's go into 2014 boldly and confidently, living like children of the King!

This is one of my favorite "rockin out" songs by Natalie Grant. I hope you are as encouraged by as I am. Happy New Year!! 


Comments

Popular Posts