Restless

There are so many lessons that the Lord seems to be teaching me lately that it is hard to know where to begin. There have been countless families in our small town that have experienced loss and are walking through trials that are hard for me to fathom. I always feel so burdened for the hurt that others around me are feeling, but if I am being honest, its more than that. Its that nagging thought that I never want to admit too... the one that says "what if your family is next?"... "what will you do?"... "where will your faith be then?" What a terrible thought for a child of God to have! I always take those thoughts and pray them away hoping that I am normal for feeling this way. But when the day is done I know that there is no comfort to be found in my lack of faith. When I am truly walking with my savior, I will find it easy to remember that this world is not my home. No matter what I face this side of heaven, good or bad, I will never be whole here on this earth. I was made to be in perfect communion with my savior and that will only happen in heaven. But while I am here I need to rest in the knowledge that God loves me and all that he has for me will work together for my good (Romans 8:28- one of my favorite verses!).

My God is faithful and I can rest in that!

Lamentations 3
21Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this:
22The faithful love of the Lord never ends!b
His mercies never cease.
23Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”
25The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.
26So it is good to wait quietly
for salvation from the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts