Be born in me

My favorite holiday BY FAR is Christmas. There is nothing I do not love about it. There's all the time spent with family, the great food, the time off from work (don't you wish you were a teacher ;)), and a great excuse to shop... did I mention there is nothing I don't love about Christmas.

But did you notice how none of the things I LOOOOVE about Christmas have anything at all to do with what Christmas is really about?! It's not that I don't love my Savior, because I do. He is my life and nothing I have would be possible without Him. But somehow in the "hustle and bustle" of it all I seem to forget that the reason I should love Christmas is because it was start of His sovereign plan for me. He didn't just come to earth to be born in a manger so that we could eat too much and spend too much. No, He came because He first loved us. He couldn't bear to spend eternity without us and now we don't have to bear eternity without him.

I want to my Christmas' to be a reflection of His love for me and my devotion to Him. I want my kids to know that there is so much more to all of this holiday business... I want them to know the story of our Savior... not just in their heads, but in there hearts.

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6


**Below is one of my favorite Christmas songs by Francesca Battistellia. It is a beautiful song sung from the Perspective of Mary, Jesus' mother. And the video shows clips from the movie "The Story."

Comments

Popular Posts